Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Knitting Lessons

I started teaching myself how to knit becuase i think home made hats, scarfs, sweaters, etc are just beautiful. I taught myself the basic casting on/off, knit/purl but didn't really know much after that. So i've been taking Knitting lessons from a good friend who is a big knitter in the k.w. area. The year Callie was born, Jeff's Aunt Fran made the most beautiful matching sweater and hats set. These are family keep sakes and i'll never part with them. I added a picture of Callie with the sweater and hat set from Aunt Fran. Callie also has this one in a brown set. Look how cute she looks!

Here is the sweater i started making for Callie. This is the back end and i'm currently working on the front end. This is a sweater for when she's 4 so i've got some time! I'm also in the process of making her a winter hat and gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment